Last Updated: June 10, 2010
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit the Retrogamer Site or SNS App. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit the Retrogamer Site or SNS Apps, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site(s) and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site(s), such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site(s). Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to use some of the features offered on or via certain Retrogamer Services.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Retrogamer Site or SNS Apps. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our Retrogamer Services users to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by Partners. By visiting the Retrogamer Site or SNS Apps and using the Toolbar, you may have the ability to access certain sites or features provided by one or more of our third party partners. The privacy practices relating to any such partners may be found on their respective websites. We strongly recommend you take the time to familiarize yourself with these practices prior to using the relevant site or feature
- Information collected by other third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC companies, advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements or place ad tags or beacons on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies [LINK TO "COOKIES" PORTION OF GLOSSARY], to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the Retrogamer Services do not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Please review "YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our Retrogamer Site, SNS Apps and the associated Toolbar.
. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, providing email or electronic message delivery, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Retrogamer Services. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you use the Retrogamer Services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products and/or services. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Other IAC businesses. We are part of the IAC family of businesses (go to www.iac.com for a listing of these businesses). We may share information we collect, including personal information, with the IAC companies.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information
. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our IAC sister companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our Retrogamer Site, SNS Apps and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You can choose not to allow Mindspark to collect certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use all of the features of the Retrogamer Site, SNS Apps and/or Toolbar.
- You may tell us not to share your personal information with third parties or the IAC family of companies for direct marketing purposes by clicking on the following link and entering the email address associated with your account: click here.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access your information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of any personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our Retrogamer Services. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm
for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
The Retrogamer Site and SNS Apps are accessible to the general public, and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we might have collected information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at privacy[at]mindspark.com.
VISITING OUR WEBSITES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc.
One North Lexington, 9th Floor
White Plains, NY, 10601
ATTN: Privacy Officer/Legal Dept.
END OF DOCUMENT.
ï¿½ 2010 Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. All rights reserved.